Google Workspace restructuring 2022
As of Fall 2022, ASU was informed by Google that a storage cap would be implemented across the institution on Dec. 31, 2022 for all business and education Google Workspaces. This storage cap includes all documents and data stored across the ASU Workspace, including Gmail, Photos, Calendar, Drive, Docs, Sheets, Slides and Meet.
There will be tiered storage limitations* on Google Workspaces.
- Current students and alumni: 5 GB
- Staff, Faculty and Retired Employees: 20 GB
- Student workers: 20 GB**
- Researchers: If you need additional assistance with research-related storage, please submit a ServiceNow ticket here.
- Shared drives: 20 GB***
- *Individual drive space does not impact shared drive space.
- **Student workers' 20 GB allotment will be reduced to the standard student allotment of 5 GB once the individual leaves their role.
- ***Deskside IT units and the Google reduction team will be reaching out to individual community members on a drive-by-drive basis to assist with remediation. Over-quota shared drive files are not being automatically deleted at this time.
For more information on storage allotments, including your personal storage and how to navigate reduction or migration of files, please browse through our sidebar menu for available resources.